So...November. The first thing that comes to mind is a
Thanksgiving Day Turkey Run, and Ryan being sick. I was also sick with a sinus infection, but I
had signed up for a 3 mile walk with a friend, and I was determined to do
it. I needed to wake the kids around 6 a.m. to get ready. Ryan was up before that, with
a terrible fever and throwing up. It was also a cold, drizzly day, so honestly,
I was a little relieved to skip it. So, I called my friend and cancelled.
When Lauren woke up and we told her we weren't going, she
was so disappointed. At the last minute, Mark decided to take her to the race.
They hurried through the packet pick up and made it to the end of the group of
kids right as they started. According to Mark, they just took it easy, and
Lauren had fun weaving in and out of kids and they finished. She had her face
painted and had free pancakes! They came home and got ready to bike to Scott
and Lisa's house for Thanksgiving dinner.
Ryan was still feeling terrible and so he and I stayed home
all day...and missed Thanksgiving. Big bummer. But, he was so sick that he
wasn't even disappointed....just me.
Well, a few days later, we received a call from the YMCA, the race
sponsor. They wanted to let us know that Lauren could come to the Y to get her
3rd place trophy! Apparently she had won 3rd place in her age group (5 and
under)! The trophy was almost as big as she was, and she was SO excited! Go Lauren!



No comments:
Post a Comment