My mom and I took the kids to a Holiday candlelight tour of Heritage Society Historic Homes in Downtown Houston. Everywhere we went, they told us to make sure we saw Santa. He was in a beautiful old house and shouldn't be missed. Neither kid had wanted to see Santa this year. They were happy writing a letter to Santa and having his elf, Simon, visit our house every day. Fine by me!
Well, they changed, their minds, and wanted to see him. So, we go to the Victorian house, and the line is wrapped around the edges of one room, and they are letting one kid at a time into another room to see Santa, closing the door behind each kid.
They were both patient, and I was excited for them...but hoping it was a "good Santa."
Finally it was our turn, and the 4 of us walk in. I tried to hide my suprise behind my camera! Ryan was first, and walked up to Santa. Of course, he knew Ryan was a Cub Scout and immediately talked to him about that. They continued talking for some time, and then we took pictures. He was a very sweet, loving Santa. Ryan's request was Legos.
Then it was Lauren's turn. Lauren's request was baby dolls!
When we left, Ryan pulled me aside and said, "Mom, I know that wasn't the real Santa." I asked, "Why would you say that?" and he said, "Because his mustach was not bushy enough!"
Phew. My mom and I laughed so hard about that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment